MEMBERS FELLOWS COUNCIL HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS RESIDENTS STUDENTS PUBLIC
The PowerPoint presentation upload deadline April 1, 2014.
The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial PathologyOral and maxillofacial pathology is the specialty of dentistry and pathology which deals with the nature, identification, and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. It is a science that investigates the causes, processes and effects of these diseases.
The practice of oral and maxillofacial pathology includes research, diagnosis of diseases using clinical, radiographic, microscopic, biochemical or other examinations, and management of patients.
AAOMP MissionThe American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (AAOMP) endeavors to represent the interest of oral and maxillofacial pathologists (OMPs) within the profession itself, in the dental and medical community, and to the public at large.
The objectives of the Academy are:
- To promote the highest standards in education, research and the practice of oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- To elevate the scientific and professional status of those practicing this specialty of dentistry.
- To advance the science of oral and maxillofacial pathology and to improve laboratory service to dentists, to hospitals and to the public through study and education.
- To encourage closer cooperation of oral and maxillofacial pathologists with other dentists, with physicians and with other pathology organizations.
- To aid in establishing standards for the performance of various laboratory procedures and to monitor and assist regulatory agencies in the establishment of standards for the operation of oral and maxillofacial pathology laboratories.
- To aid in maintaining and strengthening the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.
- To aid in the maintenance of the Registry of Dental and Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology of the American Registry of Pathology at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C.
- To recognize and support the practice of forensic odontology as part of the practice of oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- To promote oral and maxillofacial pathology as a career.
- To represent and promote the value of oral and maxillofacial pathology to other medical and dental organizations, legislative bodies and governmental agencies.